Monday, November 06, 2006

Tangle free?

The reality of 'tangle free' cords never quite matches the description on the packaging. Remember the five metre 'tangle free' telephone cord you bought? If it is anything like mine, it is down to an effective length of a metre and a half, and all you have done is picked up the phone a few times.

The guy in the hardware store promised me that the rope by which I am hanging (by my feet) was good quality 'tangle free' stuff. So how is it that I find myself gently rotating? I must look down to the ground below me or I will suffer motion sickness. If I look up, I can see mountains, and the river, a couple of houses over yonder, and fields. Well look at that, horses prancing and running in one of the fields. Isn't that something? And now I see sleepy white clouds drifting over the mountains, their reflections on the river's surface. Wow, how cool is this?

No comments: