The paper stuff or coins are not what is revered. It all comes down to the 'over the top' possibilities which the possession of money allows.
I have watched TV programs where..
- parents are paying out for plastic surgery on teenagers. Not reconstructive surgery either.
- people try to put back aging by as many years as they can through plastic surgery
- people go to huge lengths to plan weddings etc. In one case, almost an entire small castle was lit with candles.
- people buy up cheap properties ideal for those who do not have much cash, and then renovate them to the point where only somebody with huge money can afford to buy them.
- people trade currency as a commodity.
Reality TV? Good for sponsors maybe because they hope to get money from the constant advertising. How do they get it? Have you watched 'Reality' TV? How real do you think any of it is? Real or just sensationalist, it certainly panders to those who like to peep through the keyhole at what only the butler might otherwise have seen.
There was a time when, if you could see it, it was real. Do you remember those days?