This is a popular and easy Southern US dish.
- 2 lb shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 3 red peppers, cut into pieces
- 3 onions, cut into small pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup of good olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and white pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Enough boiled rice to serve 4
.. And this is how you prepare it..
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan
- Add onions and cook until golden
- Add peppers, cook until soft, about 10 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, heat and stir until hot enough to add the shrimps
- Keep stirring until shrimps are cooked, about 2 minutes
- Adjust flavor with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with parsley
- Serve in a dish along with the rice and soy sauce and plenty of French bread to soak up the delicious sauce.