Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fast Food? Without the 'twenty' questions, that's a maybe..

I walked into a 'food to go' establishment not too long ago. A quick look at the menu on the wall, and I had decided what to have. I ordered a BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) on Italian. What could be easier?

Girl behind the counter: Would you like bacon, sir?

My reply and thought: Please - oO you are kidding me

Girl behind the counter: Would you like lettuce, sir?

My reply and thought: Please - oO you really are kidding me

Girl behind the counter: Would you like tomato, sir?

My reply and thought: Please - oO ok, joke's over

Abridged at this point because my thoughts quickly deteriorated into the unprintable..

Girl behind the counter: Would you like mayo on that, sir?

My reply and thought: Please - oO that is the first sensible thing that you said

Girl behind the counter: Is that all, sir?

My reply and thought: Yes, thanks - oO you're on a roll, girl. Mc Donalds await your resumé

The ONLY reason I wasn't asked if I wanted 'fries with that' or have it 'supersized' is because fries and supersizing are not options. My guess is that she would pick up the new 'lines' real quick.

No comments: